Thursday, January 24, 2013

I can not figure it out. Why do men feel the need to fabricate their persona and what line of work they are in? I know some of us do it as well, but I’m not talking about us right now.

Seriously, why be a CEO of your company – that no one has ever heard of, instead of a paralegal? You don’t have to manage Mickey D’s, flipping burgers isn’t a crime. Okay, you may have a problem getting an upwardly mobile woman to pay you any attention, but hey at least you can say you have integrity and refuse to lie about your occupation.

All I’m saying is ain’t no need to lie. CEO’s don’t use their tongues to wet the lenses of their eyewear before picking up a restaurant napkin to wipe the spit they left off. Ewww. Shoot, if Boo from Booger King licks his lenses it would not be out of place. If Boo accidentally, or on purpose, forgets to pay for my Big Mama burger then that’s par for the course. But when big baller, shot caller, CEO does it, that is so unacceptable.

Back in the day there was a nightclub here in Dallas called RJ’s by the Lake. Man, the ballers up in that joint were fast talking, ho’ing, and flashing that gold card as they picked up the tabs for you and your girls. One night, myself and a few of my friends went to RJ’s. That was during the time Ms. Anita Arterberry was singing. That girl sounded like Anita Baker for sure. Anyway, as usual there was a line out the door and down the sidewalk. I couldn’t do it. I hate having to stand in line at Wal-Mart and I sure as hell didn’t want to stand in line to get in no smoked filled club. Then I spotted this brother getting out of a Benz. I noticed how one of the bouncers rushed over to get his keys and take the car to park it. I told myself that was a man in charge and maybe he would be able to cut this line thing short for me and my girls. So, I walked over to him and asked him if he could get us in. He smiled, ran his finger down the side of my face (yuck, men don’t wash their hands too well.) and said yes. He played football for San Francisco or somebody – I don’t remember. I do remember someone saying he was part owner of the club. We didn’t care. All we knew was that we were in.

Long story short, the brother bought drinks for us all night long. Back then I could drink like a fish, now old age says take it slow. When we were ready to leave he wanted to know if he could take us to breakfast. Uh, yeah!. And, when breakfast was over we all went home. He went to his home and we went to ours. Wasn’t no freaky deaky stuff happening although if he had asked I think most of us would have jumped at the chance to warm his bed.

That was just one such incident. I’m not saying men were perfect back then, I’m just saying they knew how to add panache to their lies. Today men just think we are so stupid they can tell us anything. CEO my round behind! All a man needs to do is tell the effing truth. I can like the brother driving the garbage truck just as well as I can some stuffy CEO who thinks his stuff don’t stink. Few men are buying drinks, hell they don’t even hold the door or give up their seats anymore. My best friend says her grandfather told her men haven’t really changed, women have. We have lowered our expectations and we are willing to accept whatever a man dishes out. Come on ladies, let’s stop the madness. The next time you meet Mr. Right now and he tells you he is Mr. So and So CEO, Google him.
I’m just saying. - sj

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I take exception to this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. men lie IMO because they do not think we will accept and handle who they really are. to me its like saying YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH. whatever. just tell the truth. let me decide what i want to deal with. im gonna find out anyway...

    ReplyDelete