Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hey, What "Cha Dreaming About?

I am reposting this blog because I want a do-over!!! I first posted this in February of 2011. I had this grand idea – right? Then I went to sleep and let it grow cobwebs. Well, I'm back with the same "grand idea" but with roller skates on! So, I am re-posting with a vague promise to update it weekly. If you read it I will write...Now on to the repost!

The older I get I find myself running headfirst into “AHA!” moments and I just know I need to share them. As a matter of fact, the women I want to share these glorious moments of inspiration with have run into them as well but, for the sake of argument, maybe didn’t realize they were supposed to take heed. That’s where I come in.
Something has happened to turning 50 – we are no longer considered old. We don’t feel, look or act the way 50 is reputed to act. Back in the day I am sure 50 was 50, not the new 40. The problem I am running into is that some of us didn’t get the memo. If you are like me you really didn’t plan for this stage in life. I mean, we knew we would get there, I guess we just figured life would take care of things – if we thought about it at all.
So here we are. Marvelously Mature with a full life ahead of us and we haven’t figured out what it is we want to do with this wonderful opportunity.  The dreams we once had of doing “us” have faded into our memories or, we just don’t know if we still have it in us to follow those dreams. You know what I say? I say follow that dream or dream a new one. This is your life and as baby boomers we are living longer and often have more responsibility taking care of parents, children or grandchildren than any other generation. We have to do it all! And in doing it all for everyone else we have forgotten to do something for ourselves.
Let me tell you what my dream is.
I like to fix things. Okay, I like to fix people. When I was a young girl and something bad would befall someone, or I knew someone was unhappy – I wished for a magic wand that I could wave and twist and twirl until fairy dust and stars scattered to make everything right in their world. I still wish I had that magic wand.  Now I would use it to assist people dream; dream about their future; follow their passion; live life to its fullest! And that is my dream.  A dream that I am living as I write this blog and publish my online magazine entitled Marvelously Mature.  I am so ecstatic to learn that the possibilities of what I can do are so numerous that I can pick and choose as I so desire.
Join me on this quest to share my dreams and assist my sisters of the fabulous Marvelously Mature crowd to seek and find their dreams. That said.
Hey, What Are You Dreaming About?
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment